Evaluation and Development of prediction methods for renewable energy generation on the basis of weather data
How can weather data be used to predict the power generated by both wind and solar energy?
This question is to be answered concretely for the Bremen-Oldenburg region within the framework of the hyBit project in order to produce so-called green hydrogen.
The aim of the work is therefore to implement and evaluate forecasting methods for the expected electricity generation from solar or wind energy. For this purpose, first a literature research on suitable forecasting strategies is carried out. Subsequently, selected and own, extended methods are to be characterized on the basis of existing measurement data from the Bremen area and the prediction quality is to be clarified.
• Literature research: forecasting methods for electricity generation from wind and solar energy
• Evaluation of known forecasting strategies
• Implementation and evaluation of selected methods regarding the uncertainty of the forecast
• Good programming skills (Python)
• Pleasure in dealing with data
• You like to work independently & responsibly, and want to help shape the energy transition!